Dataville Research LLC Remote Graduate Internship Recruitment 2020
Dataville Research LLC is a consortium of global development professionals and public policy think-tank with head office in Abuja, Nigeria and field offices in Jos, Lagos, Maiduguri, Nairobi, Johannesburg and New Delhi. Our research tackles the complex and persistent challenges of poverty and development for underserved populations delivering results across the spectrum of international development contexts, from relatively stable societies to challenging political space.
As a graduate remote intern at Dataville Research, you receive tailored training, guidance and real responsibility from the beginning, quickly becoming an invaluable candidate in the global development sector.
Already, Africans account for about two-thirds of the world’s extreme poor. If current trends persist, they will account for nine-tenths by 2030. Fourteen out of 18 countries in the world—where the number of extreme poor is rising are in Africa. Also, the COVID-19 outbreak is forcing multiple relief and development organizations to limit travel and rethink operations. This calls for the training of young development practitioners.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to provide positions for in-house internship in our various offices across Africa however, we are excited to announce the commencement of our innovative virtual internship programme where the participant (intern) gains simulated field experience while working in a remote professional setting and is not physically present at any of Dataville Research offices.
This programme is delivered in English and French. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply to this programme.
Job Title: Remote Graduate Internship in International Development
- International development is a popular career destination for many young people. Graduates can be found working in this field in a variety of international Non-Governmental Organisations (INGOs), international organisations, consultancies, think tanks and academic institutions.
- Our remote internship offers young graduates opportunity to gain work experience. We share consultancy projects and participants are expected to possess maturity, character, initiative and self-reliance as well as problem solving skills.
- Already about 90 million people, roughly half Nigeria’s population live in extreme poverty, according to estimates from the World Data Lab’s Poverty Clock. In June 2018, Nigeria overtook India, a country with seven times its population as the world’s poverty capital. Also, the COVID-19 outbreak is forcing multiple relief and development organizations to limit travel and rethink operations.
- This calls for the training of a new generation of young development practitioners to fight extreme poverty through evidence-based research.
- This programme is delivered remotely across Nigeria. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative organization so women are strongly encouraged to apply to this programme.
- A First Look at Global Development
- Data Sources in International Development
- How to Break into International Development
- Sustainable Development Goals
- Research Methodology for Development
- Mobile Data Collection
- Exploring Opportunities in the Development Sector
- Project Management in International Development
- Template Development
- Communication for Development
- Baseline, Midterm and Endline Survey
- GIS Mapping for Development Projects
- Programme Implementation
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Developing RFPs
- ICT for Development
- Data Science for Social Good
- Artificial Intelligence for International Development
- Future of Development Aid
- Term Paper
- Volunteers and entry-level professionals in the humanitarian and development sector from developing and developed countries.
- Young graduates wanting to break into the international development sector.
- Individuals with a technical background interested in improving their knowledge and skills.
- Individuals with no technical background interested in exploring careers in global development.
- Postgraduate students from the Global South.
- Gain extensive knowledge of global development delivered by experienced practitioners.
- Become proficient in development research techniques from a practical point of view.
- Confirms mastery of skillset and industry principles and best practices.
- Boost your career confidence and expand your professional network.
- Gain edge over a significant number of fully-funded scholarships offered by universities, foreign governments and international organizations that support development-related studies.
- Receive the IDR authorized certificate of graduate internship endorsed by the Society of International Development Washington, DC Chapter.
Application Closing Date
July 19, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online